Information Collection and Use
- When you use certain of the features of this website, we may require certain information, including but not necessarily limited to your name, phone number, email address and/or credit card information (“Personally Identifiable Information” of “PII”).
- We may automatically receive and record non-PII (i.e. information that does not identify you personally) on this website’s server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. (User IP addresses may be recorded for security and monitoring purposes.)
- We may use information for the following general purposes:
- to fulfill your requests for certain services, information and/or materials; and
- to protect you, Soble, Davis & Day LLP and/or other users from error, fraud and unauthorized access to and/or use of this website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure by Soble, Davis & Day LLP
- Soble, Davis & Day LLP will not share PII about you to other companies or persons except when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share the information with individuals and/or companies who work with and/or on behalf of Soble, Davis & Day LLP to provide services to you that you have requested;
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to share PII:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
- for risk management purposes;
- we are required to disclose PII by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others, or
- to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Technical Allowances / Software Installation
- You understand and acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of messages and/or information may involve (i) transmissions over various networks and/or (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Soble, Davis & Day LLP performs technical functions necessary to implement the features of this website. You agree to allow Soble, Davis & Day LLP to perform such technical functions and that such technical functions may include the installation of software on your device.
Cookies and Usage Data
- When you access the Internet, the computers that host websites you visit (“web servers”) automatically receive some anonymous information. This “usage data” may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. Our website’s servers may receive usage data when users visit this website and possibly when users visit other sites as well. Soble, Davis & Day LLP, our service provider(s) and payment processor(s) and our respective advertisers may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use.
- Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your Web browser and your computer. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or block all or some cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Note: Disabling cookies may mean that we won’t be able provide certain services, which may be of use to you.
- Soble, Davis & Day LLP may also use “web beacons” to access Soble, Davis & Day LLP’s cookies inside and outside this website and in connection with features thereof.
Links & Third Party Applications
- Soble, Davis & Day LLP may provide, and this website may contain, links to other websites. Although we strive to only link to websites that share Soble, Davis & Day LLP’s high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other websites or parties.
- Third party applications (such as widgets) created by third party developers may also be available on this website. Third party applications are small bits of software, often with interactivity, that can be installed into profiles or shared with other Users. Soble, Davis & Day LLP does not control third party developers and cannot dictate their actions. When you engage with a third party application, you are interacting with the third party developer, not with Soble, Davis & Day LLP. We strongly encourage you to not provide PII to any third party unless you know the third party with whom you are interacting.
Editing and Deleting Information
- You have the right to access, verify and update your PII collected and maintained by us, if any, at any time, including whether you want us to contact you with updates, news and/or other materials. You may modify or request the removal of any or all of your PII at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soble, Davis & Day LLP honours requests from users to review all PII maintained in reasonably retrievable form, and will correct any such information which may be inaccurate. You may also verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
Confidentiality and Security
- We have safeguards to protect your PII and we use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard PII in Soble, Davis & Day LLP’s possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
- Soble, Davis & Day LLP uses reasonable methods to make sure that PII is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately complete.
- We limit access to PII about you to people who, as part of their job, we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you.
- Despite Soble, Davis & Day LLP’s high standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future attacks.
- Soble, Davis & Day LLP will inform you of any changes we make by sending a notice to you via email and/or by posting an announcement on this website (as applicable).
Questions / Suggestions / Concerns
- If you notice any unauthorized activity with respect to this website or its content, please immediately call email us at email@example.com.
DO NOT BE MISLED BY EMAILS THAT APPEAR TO BE FROM US AND ASK FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS EMAIL REQUESTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE FORWARD THE EMAIL IMMEDIATELY TO firstname.lastname@example.org SO THAT WE CAN INVESTIGATE THE EMAIL AND, IF NECESSARY, PROVIDE A SECURITY ALERT TO OUR USERS.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CONFIDENTIAL, PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION SUCH AS PASSPORT NUMBERS, GOVERNMENT IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS, OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO email@example.com VIA AN UNSECURED EMAIL OR MESSAGING PROCESS.